Motivation (less?) Monday
"the ability to sustain effort"
"the amount of encouragement required to complete a task"
"A disturbance in motivation is described as “apathy” or “abulia” when extreme"
Happy Monday everyone! Any of my Boston peeps feel like they are genuinely struggling with this muggy, foggy weather? I know I am. My day has been quite all over the place. I decided to sleep in wayyy later than planned because I was not feeling well last night and did not fall asleep until 1 am. When I finally got my booty out of bed, I couldn't decide what I wanted to tackle first and what I wanted to do with me day. I have a huge to do list (who doesn't?) but nothing needed to be done immediately so I was feeling highly unmotivated. At the same time, I am AWFUL at relaxing when I have a to do list. So I was stuck in this place of not wanting to do chores but half assing my to do list just to not feel "guilty".
That spiral of though brought me into quite a funk until right before my classes at BSC Labs. I was sitting and writing before my class when I decide its as time to flip it around and get out of this funk. I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts and tricks to get out of this funk.
Thoughts on my Monday FunkDay:
1. I need to give myself permission to relax: Oh I am sure once Chris reads this he is going to laugh out lout and say "well duh babe" There are some days where the to do list is not important and you need to give yourself the permission to step back and relax. Relaxing doesn't necessarily mean you are lazy. AND SO WHAT if you are? you can be lazy for a day, you can lounge in your PJs until noon, you can eat that chocolate bar and skip your workout. The problem is when you do that everyday. So here I am, giving myself the permission to be lazy when I need. Because the to do list will get done.
2. I need to change my perspective on To-do Lists: I constantly make lists and I find it satisfying to cross things off my to do list. But, when I don't cross something off my to do list, I get annoyed at myself. That's not what I want. I honestly started writing lists because otherwise I would forget what I needed to do. Reminders are important for sure. To do lists go over the edge when they are affecting your happiness. I think I need to reframe my to do lists and approach them with more love and forgiveness and less stress and frustration
3. I've learned a lot about myself over the years but I am still a work in progress: You have bad days, you have good days. It happens. I've learned how to manage my moods, my anxiety and my stressors but I'm not perfect. Sometimes you have to notice your funk, embrace it for a moment and get the eff over it.
Tricks to Flip My Mood:
1. Console: A beautiful blend from DoTerra that was everything I needed this afternoon. It is a blend of Frankincense Resin, Patchouli Leaf, Ylang Ylang Flower, Labdanum Stem/Twig, Amyris Bark, Sandalwood Wood, Rose Flower, and Osmanthus Flower. The oil was calling me and I have learned to listen when my gut tells me I need a certain essential oil.
2. Balance: My Favorite Essential Oil of all time. Seriously. I bathe in it. It is a beautiful blend of Spruce Leaf, Ho Wood Leaf, Frankincense Resin, Blue Tansy Flower, Blue Chamomile Flower, and Osmanthus Flower essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. Its is grounding and calming and melts all of my stress away. not even Over exaggerating here.
3. A Special Treat: Today was Jugos Chocolate Cashew Milk. Delicious, indulgent and EXACTLY what I was craving. It can be something small like a piece of dark chocolate or a yummy smoothie or ice cream, Whatever it is, take the time to fully enjoy and love yourself for this special treat.
4. Go for a walk: I couldn't decide what special treat I wanted so I walked around Back Bay until I was inspired. So not only did I get my special treat but I was able to shake it out.
5. Let it go: At the end of the day, a bad mood is just a bad mood. The beauty is you can choose to leave it behind if you want. You can let it go and move on and have a better day tomorrow.
Things to look forward to:
1. Feature Friday: A New part of this blog! Every Friday, I am going to be debuting a lesser known essential oil for you guys. I will share all about how to use it, it's chemical, physical and emotional properties and a DIY recipe featuring that essential oil. This Friday will be the first edition so stay tuned!!
2. More Van Life Posts: While we were out in Betty I was truly inspired to share my adventure and what we learned along the way. I have a couple of blog posts cooking up to share my tips, tricks and ideas for living in your Van. Chris and I are also planning our next weekend getaway in Betty and our Winter Road Trip for 2018. Our way of keeping the adventure going.
3. Restorative Yoga & Essential Oils Workshop at Taireiki Wellness Center THIS SATURDAY!!: I am so excited to be teaching another essential oil and restorative yoga workshop and one of my new favorite studios Taireiki in Brighton. It is a beautiful space, with an amazing vibe and I cannot wait to share it with you. If you re interested in signing up, go to Taireiki Wellness center!
I hope you all had a Happy Monday and if you were in a funk like me-- Let it go and I hope your Tuesday is even more kickass!