Feature Friday: Copaiba
Happy Friday Friends!!
I wanted to share a new series that I am launching on the blog- this week being the first week. So what is Feature Friday? Well, there are so many beautiful essential oils that DoTerra has to offer an I want to give you a little more insight into what they are and how to use them. I will dive into some of the rarer, lesser known oils as well as some of the most commonly known oils. My main goal is to educate you and help you pursue a more holistically healthy lifestyle. As always, I am here to support you- so ask any questions you have and if you have any special requests for next weeks feature friday, let me know!
First Feature Friday of the blog: Copaiba
Copaiba is one of the new essential oils that DoTerra launched at convention this year and it is truly amazing! Seriously, you are going to be shocked,
Copaiba is an essential oil from the resin of the copaiba tree grown in South America. It is very similar to black pepper in it's properties and is used in a wide range of cosmetic products. Copaiba has also been used by the natives of Brazil since the 16th century for many different traditional health practices.
The chemical make-up is what really got me thinking! Heard of the health benefits of CBD oil? You may have heard the new research on CBD oil for helping to support many different illnesses and disease and you may or may not know that I strongly believe in the healing powers of CBD (derived from the cannabis plant.) If you're still with me and even more interested, keep reading. Copaiba interacts with the SAME cannabinoid receptor sites in your body & it's legal!
WHAT!?! Yup, you read that one right. Yay for science:)
How does this work?
Here is a little science talk for all you science nerds like me! Certain chemical components are classified as cannabinoids by their ability to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system . The system helps maintain homeostasis (otherwise known as balance) within the body, and regulates all sorts of different functions related to the brain, central nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system.
There are three major types of cannabinoids that are derived from plants: THC, CBD, and BCP. The first two, THC and CBD, come from the cannabis plant, which has legalities and restrictions around them. THC also has a psychoactive property which some would rather not experience. BCP, on the other hand, is found in various other plants, like Copaiba, and it has the same therapeutic benefits as other cannabinoids without the psychoactive effects. Plus, it's legal! (& affordable!!)
Now that we have the science out of the way, you're probably wondering.
- Why do I NEED it?
- How do I even use it?
- How can I get my hands on this guy?
I got you, Don't you worry.
The Effects of Copaiba on the Body Systems
- Soothes anxious feelings
- Balances emotions,
- Relieves tension and fatigue
- Fights free radicals
- Anti-inflammatory (all the antis as I like to say)
- Supports a clear, smooth complexion
- Reduces signs of aging
- Promotes cellular regeneration
- Soothes irritations
- Promotes collagen production
- Soothes cramps, gas & bloating
- Souths ulcers ulcers
- Supports sluggish digestion
- Protects the liver
- Supports healthy detoxification
Central & Peripheral Nervous System
- Supports brain health -protects your noggin!
- Protects nerve cells
- Regulates inflammatory response
- (Beautiful way to Love your Brain)
- Soothes sore & achy muscles and joints
- Reduces spasms and cramps
- Eases headaches
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Promotes healthy blood flow
- Supports strong blood vessels
Respiratory System (Let's breathe baby!)
- Fights pathogens (the bad guys) in respiratory system
- Eases allergies (antihistamine), congestion, sore throat
- Fights inflammation (Everywhere!)
Alright, alright, you get my point right? Abso- freaking-lutely Amazing!
How to use Copaiba Essential Oil
- Skin: add to your toner or by apply it directly to skin before applying moisturizer-- helps reduce blemishes and supports clear skin!
- Blend with Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Frankincense, or Ylang Ylang to make your own perfume. Just mix with coconut oil and lather up!
- Add one to two drops to water, juice, or make your own tea using warm water and honey. This will help support a variety of systems in your body-- digestive, cardiovascular, neuromuscular and nervous system
- Diffuse to help calm any feelings of anxiety
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to take advantage of the antioxidants*
- Take a Bath! & add a couple of drops of Copaiba in for a relaxing experience
How do I get my hands on this bad boy?
You are in luck! DoTerra released this oil early so it is available for purchase NOW! All you have to do is follow this link and click Join & Save for your special discount! If you have any questions, set up a FREE Wellness Consult with yours truly!
Also, If you're in Boston, I am hosting an Restorative Yoga & Essential Oil Workshop at Taireiki! Come join me for a 2 hour blissful experience and learn so much about these beautiful oils.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
** I am not a Doctor and I am not prescribing anything here. I am sharing my recommendations and my experience with the essential oils. If you have any questions if they are safe for your health condition please consult your Doctor**