Best Essential Oils for the Road
So if you’ve been following along on my Instagram or facebook you might have noticed that my boyfriend and I are off!- On a road trip across the country to chase some snow in the Rocky Mountain State.
A little back story: In November, Chris brought a 2005 Sprinter Van and it looked like this…..
We knew I had off from school for a month and January is a pretty slow month for Chris workwise so we wanted to travel together. We bounced around a few ideas and we both wanted to ski (well he snowboards) But it was incredibly expensive between flights, staying at resorts, ski rentals and lift tickets. We wanted the freedom to ski wherever we wanted and go whenever we were ready. We wanted to ski the west coast and the east coast. SO we decided to buy the Max Pass and a sprinter van, outfit it and head cross country. No big deal RIGHT? LOL
This might be one of the hardest things I have participated in creating, the only thing I’ve ever built and the biggest adventure I’ve had before even leaving the state of Massachusetts. We replaced brake cables, insulated the entire van, built a cabinet, built a bed, installed heat, seriously the list could go on. Chris knew a lot of what was going on but still taught himself a ton (THANK YOU, YOU TUBE) but this was all brand new to me. (saw zaw, circular saw or table saw anyone?)
Now we are on the road headed to Boulder, Colorado and this van is the best thing ever. We named her Betty, Betty White actually. She is a beautiful little home for the next two weeks.
Since I am on the road for two weeks, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite essential oils I have been using while on the trip. Honestly, I brought all my oils because I have two carrying cases that fit all my oils perfectly (my collection is still growing. Love me my LRP <3) and because I am planning on doing some workshops while on the road and wanted to have a wide variety
(P.S. If you or anyone you know in Boulder or Denver wants to host a workshop let me know! I still have some availability and would love to spread the love. Just shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org)
I am sure I am going to have a few more favorites as the trip goes along but these are the essential oils I have used the most over the past 3 days.
- Top properties: analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti infectious, ant- inflammatory
- Best uses: burns, cuts, acne, eczema
- Why it’s my road trip go to: This is a great oil to have on you at all times, I find myself using it all the time. I have been using it on the little cuts all over my hands from fixing up the van and the burn I have on my hand from the first night cooking in the van (woops.) Melaleuca has helped the healing processes of both the cuts and burns. I also use it on my skin all the time to help keep acne at bay as well as clear up acne already there. I usually mix Melaleuca with lavender and frankincense with some carrier oil to put on my face when it is particularly acne prone.
- Top properties: anti infectious, anti inflammatory, calming and relaxing
- Best Uses: bee stings, calming, burns, dry skin, insomnia
- Why it’s my road trip go to: This bad boy is soothing and calming for the burns on my skin. Overall it is a really calming essential oil to have on hand while being on the road.
- Top properties: antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, invigorating and refreshing
- Best Uses: stings, air pollution, colds, constipation, energizing, heartburn, hangovers
- Why it’s my road trip go to: Lemon is one of my overall go to oils. I put it in warm water in the morning to aid in detoxing first thing in the AM and in my water throughout the day for a refreshing twist on my water. For this trip, I made an all natural cleaner for the various surfaces in the car and with all the snow and sand I’m sure it will get a little dirty in there. I wanted to make my own because well what better way to use my essential oils but also so we would not be inhaling chemicals as we slept and drove for hours and hours. (Recipe to come stay tuned).
- Top properties: antidepressant, antiseptic, disinfectant, diuretic & energizing.
- Best Uses: Hangovers, mental stress, stress, PMS, overeating, detoxing
- Why it’s my road trip go to: My water bottle is filled at all times (and we have many, many water bottles to stay hydrated, cook with, clean with, etc) and my got to blend is 2 drops of grapefruit in a 16 ounce water bottle. It’s refreshing, invigorating and helps keep me hydrated.
- Top properties: A combination of oils that creates an energetic aroma that can help stimulate the body’s chemistry when a person is feeling lethargic and or sad.
- Best Uses: anxiety, depression, stress. Uplifting,
- Why it’s my road trip go to: I bought the most adorable little diffuser for the van and I am obsessed. It even has two settings (continuous and intermittent). Anywho, I decided to diffuse elevation for the first half of this road trip. It reminds me of beach trips and happiness so I figured it was a good oil to keep our spirits up while driving long miles.
So these are the top 5 bad boys of the past 2.5 days and I am sure I will have some to share with you in the next two weeks and more.
Just so you guys know the Frankincense promotion was extended to January 15th (!!!!!!) Best. News. Ever. Place a 200 PV order between January 1 and January 15th and you get a FREE bottle of Frankincense (normally $93 a bottle so a sweet deal if you ask me) If you want more information, shoot me an email at email@example.com and we can chat more!
Stay Tuned for adventures!!