Bucket List 2017
So I was recently inspired by a post I read by Wilder Woman. She wrote about her bucket list goals for her life and some things that she has already accomplished. It was a bad ass list and truly inspiring so I decided to take on my own.
From time to time, especially now that I am in graduate school and in one place for a while, I get a little restless. I itch to go on an adventure. I wish to explore and play. I want to be closer to the beach or the mountains, the great outdoors. Don't get me wrong. I love being close by to my friends and family but, I get excited about future adventuring and the ability to learn more, accomplish more and see more of the world. The idea of trying something new excites. The idea of learning more intrigues me.
I have accomplished so much already, and I am sure I am missing some places, events or adventures from my list. I did have fun reflecting on where I have been while also dreaming about where I am going. I am definitely going to update this list as often as possible -- in hopes I will be crossing off and adding as I continue to grow (old and as a person).
So here it goes...
- Marry my best friend.
- Own a dog (reduce puppy!)
- Pay off my student loans
- Get (another) tattoo
- Learn more than one language fluently.
- Get 500 hour yoga teacher certification
- Get featured in a fitness/health and wellness magazine.
- Buy property and design and build my perfect home
- Ski bum/Surf bum for a year or two
- Live in the mountains
- Live on the beach.
- Start my own business
- Gain the skills to change my own oil in my car.
- Compete in a Skiing competition
- Build and own a cabin in the woods.
- Grow my own garden.
- Read a book a week for a year.
- Own my own business
- Learn to budget
- Live in a Different country
- Hit Gold with DoTerra
- Ski on Every Continent: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand.
- Summit a mountain.
- Traveling Physical Therapist for a couple of years to fuel my travel dreams and career goals
- Take Betty on a 3 month roadtrip adventure
- Heli ski
- Jump off a waterfall.
- Hike Acadia national park
- Whitewater kayak
- Travel by boat in the amazon rain forest.
- Fly/Travel in a hot air balloon.
- Go Bungee Jumping.
- Get scuba certified
- Get skydive certified.
- Go Ice Climbing.
- Go rocking climbing outdoors (Lead climb & Bouldering)
- Swim with Wild Dolphins.
- Do a winter yurt to yurt trip.
- Visit all the national parks
- Go Mountain Biking
- Shoot a gun.
- Summit a mountain by any means
- Go splunking.
- Ski in the backcountry.
- Learn to multi-pitch climb.
- Learn to lead and set a route
- Sleep on the beach.
- Go to a music Festival.
- Go on a Bike Tour
- Build Betty 2.0
- Roadtrip around the U.S. (in Betty of course- Or betty 2.0)
- Australia and see the outback
- Live & work in a different country for 6 months- 1 year
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Travel to Alaska and Experience the Northern Lights.
- Volunteer at an animal refuge center.
- Backpack SE Asia.
- Through hike the PCT and AT.
- Fill my passport.
- Go to New Zealand
- Go to Greece
- Go to Iceland
- Go to South Africa
- Hike in New Zealand
- Ski in New Zealand
- Ski in Japan
- Ski in the Swiss Alps
- Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Volunteer on an elephant reserve in Bali.
- Visit Bali
- Visit Fiji
- Visit Thailand again
- Visit India
- Scuba Dive in Belize and see the great blue hole.
- Defend myself physically
- Kite board
- Hang glide.
- Kundalini Yoga
- Backcountry Ski
- Create a badass tribe of babes that help others reach their health goals
- A physical space for holistic healing (studio/clinic/wellness center)
- Recreate my website/ blog
- A thriving Business where I am my own boss
- my own hours
- a home filled with love
- Compete in a Sprint Tri-athalon
- Rock Climb 5.11 consistently
- Boulder a V6 or higher
- Lead climb outdoors
- 52 hikes in one year
- Girls Hiking weekend
- Nail a handstand
- Yoga poses: handstand, bird of paradise,
COMPLETED LIFE LIST
- Get a tattoo. (Dec 2007)
- Graduated from Tufts University (2013)
- Was accepted into MGH Institute of Health Professions
- ACSM Certififed Personal Trainer
- 200 hour Registered Yoga Instructor
- Ride an Elephant. (Thailand, 2011)
- Go parasailing.
- Skydiving (Australia, 2011)
- See Wild dolphins (Siesta Key Florida, 2016)
- Whitewater rafting (Costa Rice, January 2013)
- Surfing (Australia, California, Lisbon, Costa Rice, New Hampshire)
- Skied in the West of the US (Colorado, Utah)
- Live in another country for more than a month . (Australia 2011 4 months, Dublin Ireland 2 months)
- Backpacked through Europe: Visited a lot of Ireland, Rome, Florence, Venice, Prague, Barcelona, London, Munich
- Traveled to Costa Rica
- Went to Oktoberfest in Germany (Munich ,2011)
- Traveled to Mexico
- Love myself
- Rock Climb: Boulder & Top Rop
- Teach HIIT classes
- Self Care
- Listen to my body
- A Health and Wellness
- A daily self care practice
- Ran a 1/2 Marathon. (2014 & 2016)
- Ran Boston Marathon (2014)
- Ran a color run
- Ran a mud run.
- Ran a Turkey Trot
- Played a College Sport (lacrosse)
- Squatted 115 pounds 92 times in a row: Set a Record at Tufts
- Hiked Mount Washington (NH)
- Hiked Mount Monadnock (NH)
- Nailed a headstand
Like I said, I am sure I am missing something in one of the many lists. But for now, this is what I reflected on. What are some things on your bucket list? Anything I should add? I plan on updating this bucket list frequently as I grow (older and wiser).